NAUTITECH 442 - UNAVOQ
IDEAL LAYOUT FOR LARGE FAMILIES WITH 4 CABINS, 3 HEADS VERSION
2 ADDITIONAL CABINS IN THE BOW, PERFECTLY FOR CHILDREN OR THE EXTRA GUESTS.
GUEST HEAD AREA HAS SEPARATE PRIVATE ACCESS, AS WELL AS ACCESS VIA FORWARD GUEST CABIN.
WELL PRESENTED AND VERY WELL MAINTAINED
UPGRADED ENGINES TO 39HP INSTEAD OF REGULAR 29HP
INDEPENDENCE AT SEA WITH OVERSIZE 400L DIESEL AND 830L WATER TANKS
COMPLETE NEW STANDING RIGGING 2020
NEW SUNBRELLA SAIL BAG SEPTEMBER 2023
BOTH ENGINES COMPLETE OVERHAUL IN 2020
ELECTRIC PRIMARY WINCH
60L / H WATERMAKER. NEW MEMBRANES 2023
3 KG DAEWO WASHING MACHINE NEW 2022. WALL MOUNTED.
EXCELLENT SAIL WARDROBE INCLUDING ASYMMETRICAL SPINNAKER
FLUENT FRENCH / ENGLISH SPEAKING OWNERS AND BROKER FOR EASY SALE AND HAND OVER
Built to compete with the high output Lagoons and Fountaine Pajot range, BE Chantier / Nautitech decided to go for a more aggressive approach and with the cutting edge style of designers Mortain & Mavrikios, strived to bring into the world a catamaran that is at once pleasing to the eyes and which provide unbeatable comfort and seaworthiness, while also focusing on sailing capabilities.
Nautitech Catamarans, based in Rochefort sur Mer in France, build around 80 yachts per year. They are not one of the volume French manufacturers like Lagoon or Fountaine Pajot, but have positioned themselves as a yard that focuses on quality over quantity and strive to find the optimum balance between performance and comfort in their boats.
Attention to quality is visible in every detail, from the quality of stainless steel to the glass and resin used, general and deck hardware, choice of spars manufacturer etc. (It is good to remember that the launch of this Nautitech 442 happened before the GFC, which dramatically altered the production boat market, and when meeting a price point was less of an issue).
To stand out from the boxier catamaran style used by other multihull manufacturers, Nautitech went for a more feline profile with fluid lines that inspire speed and provide adherence to the water without compromising on the hull freeboard, allowing for a smooth motion in the seaway and to minimise ‘slapping’ and ‘hobby horsing’.
Well-liked are the twin helms, which very much like the Outremer gives the helmsman a real sense of sailing, a great view of the sails and when coming into port an unbeatable position to edge into a marina berth with full control and visibility no matter which side is the dock, something that many single helm steering or flybridge designs often makes more difficult.
In spite of the ongoing changes that Nautitech catamarans have seen over the following years, the original models, such as this magnificent 2009 Nautitech 442 have never lost their strong following. This style will not go old, the quality of the build will ensure many years of safe cruising, while also being attractively priced for a multihull of this calibre.
Other than the approach to the quality of build and comfortable, intelligent interior layout, perhaps the most attractive side of the Nautitech 442 is its ability to please the most hell-bent monohull aficionados. It is a responsive, good performance catamaran that is a real pleasure to sail. One can feel the surge forward and the eagerness of the boat to ‘get going’. It is a joy to helm for those who would rather switch off the autopilot and feel the boat respond to the tip of their fingers on the wheel.
This pretty Nautitech 442 UNAVOQ could be just what you are looking for. Lovingly maintained by her French owners, who purchased her in Tahiti after selling the monohull they had been travelling with since Europe, she presents in lovely condition and with continuous upgrades and diligent maintenance. Her interior timber work is in particularly condition for a boat of this age. UNAVOQ is now offered for sale as her owners have to return to France to take care of elderly parents.
UNAVOQ comes fully loaded with everything you need to set sail for the Pacific Islands again at a moment’s notice.
For more info please contact our friendly team at Nautilus Yacht Management. We are cruisers and cruising yacht specialists and will be delighted to help answer all your questions about UNAVOQ, or anything to do with Bluewater sailing, cruising with kids, registering the boat in your home country, import process when necessary, planning your trip, insurance etc.
A WORD FROM THE OWNER
"We are a couple from France sailing around the world for five years. Port Leucate located in the south of France was our starting point in 2018. Since then, we have crossed the Atlantic, and discovered the Caribbean islands. At the beginning of 2020, the SRASS made us choose to cross the Panama Canal and go sailing in the last free zone of the Pacific.
Arrived in Tahiti, we sold our previous monohull and at the same time we bought our Unavoq II catamaran to enjoy the boat in the lagoons of the Leeward Islands.
Unavoq II is a fairly good solution between comfort and smooth sailing. At anchor, it is really comfortable, does not roll or pitch, its saloon and its cockpit offer a beautiful view of the landscapes.
At sea, she can reach 12 knots easily, or sail under spinnaker with only 7 knots of apparent wind.
We like the space on board, the light color of the interior and all the comforts such as the washing machine, the freezer, the hot water, the food processors, the 220v, the workshop and the storage possibilities.
We have improved storage by opening cockpit and saloon seats and building lockers in all bathrooms. All ropes have bags to keep the cockpit clear.
If we had decided to continue the adventure, we would have invested in a furling boom, to facilitate maneuvering the mainsail. The mainsail is always big on a catamaran. We had a furling mainsail in our previous boat and we benefited a lot from it because it was easier to use even though the sail is less efficient.
Unavoq II is built to sail with the family or receive guests. We provided high standard RB&B services for 5 months in Bora Bora without getting bored with guests on board. The water maker runs on 12v, so solar power provides us with free water on demand and makes Unavoq II energy self-sufficient even in remote areas.
We decided to end our trip and return to France for family reasons, our parents becoming elderly and needing to be taken care of. The sale of our catamaran seemed to us the most appropriate solution in such case as we have no known forecast at the present time." Alain et Patricia - Wallis Island (en route to Fiji), June 2023.
Maximum width 6.81m
Mast height: 15m
Air draft: 16m
Light displacement:9200 kg
V/P airfoil/weight ratio: 10
Height under basket: 0.80m
Approval: category A
Naval architect Alain Mortain & Yannis Mavrikios
Designer: BE Chantier
Appendages: multi fins that allow good upwind.
The fins are foamed and attached to the hull to preserve the integrity of the structure in the event of an impact.
Rig: fractional sloop
Double helm stations on each hull
The hull and deck are made of infusion, and the nacelle of polyester sandwich. Hull bottoms reinforced with monolithic
The structural partitions are in infusion foam. The furniture in a wood-foam mix
Material: Monolithic Polyester
Important navigation corner
One level cockpit and saloon (first boat to have implemented it). This avoids many accidents.
Fuel capacity 2X200L + 5X20L tanks
Four fresh water tanks: total 830L (2X300L and 2X 115L).
2 Counters for fresh water : 1 analog near the tanks, 1 digital on the electrical panel (with reset) A 42L hot water tank approx.
A group of pressurised water.
Two electric engine bilge pumps.
Two electric sump pumps.
Two electric shower pumps.
Two manual bilge pumps.
An exterior cockpit deck fresh water shower
Access to the engines through the rear aprons
Double engine access hatch (top and back)
Soundproofing of engine compartments.
Two 39 hp Yanmar 3JH4-CE SD 50 sail drive engines
Sail Drive: 2x SD50, overhauled end of 2020. Seals & shafts replaced in november 2022.
Diesel capacity of 2 x 200L, with VDO gauges on the electrical panel
2 Aluminum propellers
Complete overhaul of both engines end of 2020
Starboard Alternator and engine starter new (2022)
Hydraulique aupilot (Lecomble et Schmitt) (motor renew 2022)
Italwinch Thunder 1500W windlass with remote control
Main anchor 33 kg Rocna, 85m of 10mm diameter chain of special steel Lofran (new 2022)
14 kg secondary anchor with 10 m chain (10mm) and rode.
6 cabins total, including 4 cabins which consist of the following elements:
- A double bed of approximately 145x200 cm.
- 12 cm mattress with a washable cover.
- A wardrobe with shelves.
- A large storage volume located under the bed.
- Library in height.
- A storage locker along the planking.
- An opening porthole and a deck hatch (aft cabins: two opening portholes).
- Cabin blinds.
- Led lighting by ceiling and 2 reading lights (all led)
- Private access to the bathroom.
-2 forward cabins, one for sail storage, one for workshop
- Maximum number of beds: 8 (possible to add 2 beds in forward cabins)
- Chart table with three flaps.
- Seat with box.
- Storage under the table.
- High corner storage unit.
- Fixed porthole on cockpit.
- Panel for navigation electronics and electrical panel.
- 12V map reader.
- 12V cigarette lighter socket.
- 1600 W outdoor converter plug
- Fresh water gauge.
- Voltmeter to control inputs and outputs
- Radar detection tools (Mer veille) new 2021
- Screen repetition of intruments / AIS and pilot command
- AM-FM radio with 4 speakers (2 inside saloon, 2 inside cockpit)
HEAD & SHOWERS:
3 Bathrooms / toilet
1 Bathrooms with wall washing machine Daewoo 3kg (new 2022) and chemical toilet (new)
Each bathroom is fully moulded and equipped with:
- A storage rack
- A porthole opening on the plating
- A washbasin unit in synthetic stone
- Access to the valves under the passageway floor
- A shower grating
- A washbasin / shower mixer with flexible
- Ceiling light
- An electric marine toilet
- A toilet paper storage
- Two mirrors & 1 towel holder and glove hooks
- Top storage box in rear toilet
-Each bedroom with 12v fans and 220 v plug
- Molded ceiling fitted with 4 LED spots and a circular led light (on top table)
- 360° panoramic view.
- Ventilation ensured by four panels.
- Sliding entrance door. (new key 2022)
- Stainless steel companionway steps with visible survival panel and red led light
- Folding saloon table for ten place settings with three-drawer storage.
- U-shaped bench seat with removable cushions in microfibre fabrics.
- Interior upholstery redone in 2022
- Microfiber square curtains with stainless steel rod.
- Storage volumes under the seats and in each corner
- TV with moving harm and omnidirectional antenna
- U-shaped synthetic resin worktop.
- Full-width high cabinet with LED lighting.
- Storage cupboards.
- Cutlery storage in the kitchen plan.
- Dresser on starboard.
- Two round stainless steel sinks with mixer tap for fresh water
- Brand Eno, 3 stainless steel burners with Oven (gaz)
- Trash traps on each worktop with trash can.
- Kitchen/cockpit “pass through” sliding window.
- 160L stainless steel refrigerator (Starboard hull)
- 90L freezer (installed on the Port side)
- Bottle storage.
- Gas pipe with cockpit locker outlet.
- New dishes
-220 V plug and double USB charger plug (5V)
-A water maker, D60, 12V brand Desalator, 60L/H, heads and 2 membranes new 2023 (workS fine with solar only)
(Auto clean after each using)
-Portable vacuum cleaner
-Portable pump cleaner
-2 electric bilge pumps and 2 manual bilge pumps in engine compartments
and 2 electric bilge pumps in the bottom of each hull
-Liferaft PLASTIMO Transocean 2/11/21
-Epirb1: Ocean Signal UIN: 44440990C0FFBFF
-MMSI: 546 019 590
-CALL SIGN: FAJ2408:
-Incoming and outgoing AIS Raymarine 700, separate antenna
-6 classic life jackets, 3 inflatable jackets
-10 Handheld flares and case changer offshore distress signals to be changed
-6 Extinguishers and fire blanket
-A long range light for research & rescue (12v)
DINGHY & OUTBOARD
-Tender Highfield 290
-Hull: aluminium with anti-corrosion treatment and powder paint
-U-bolts: lifting and towing
-Mariner 15 cv 2t HB ENGINE (2021)
-Red Cover new 2023
- 2 service batteries (lithium) 12V of 310 Ah (total 620 Ah) new 2022
- 2 engine batteries 12V 100A new 2022 (maintenance-free)
- A load distributor (electronic).
- Electrical panel with 12V circuit breakers.
- Each battery switches on positive, BMS auto switch on negative
- Safety battery coupler.
- Circuit breaker with differential for shore power
with yellow power cable in transverse locker outside cockpit
- 12/220V converter; 1600W Victron. (under bed rear Portside) new 2021
- 220V charger Victron new 2022
- 12V DC-DC charger Victron 30 A, new 2022, to charge Services from alternator through battery motor
- USB socket and cigar socket with multiple USB sockets (auxiliary 1)
- Battery monitor BMV 700 Victron energy
- 3 solar panels 355W new 2022
with smart MPPT 12V/24V 100 A regulator
- 2 alternators 80 Amp (one on each engine, one new)
-Raymarine station with AS400 autopilot
-Hydraulique auto pilote (Lecomble et Schmitt) (motor renew 2022)
- Reader: Axiom 9 S - 9” Wi-F GPS display
- Incoming and Outgoing AIS Raymarine 700
- Navionics map + XL9 Australia & New Zealand and Pacific islands on reader (2020)
- Fixed VHF Raymarine RAY60 Power: 25W Frequency Band: from 156 MHZ to 174 MHZ
- Portable VHF Standard Horizon 300 power 5W Frequency band: from 156 MHZ to 174 MHZ
Sails: in good condition.
Sail area: 100 m2 (sail totally changed in 2018)
Mainsail: 70M2 / 5 battens
Genoa: 30M2 with uv sunbrella band
Asymmetrical Spinaker: 130m2, Beilken
Lazy bag (old, to be replace)
MAST, RIGGING & DECK HARDWARE:
Complete renewal of the rigging: shrouds, front and side diamonds, martingale in 2020
Self-porting mast, anodised aluminium diamond with one spreader fitted with:
- A two-speed Harken ST46 winch.
- An automatic Navigation lights / mooring / destress at the top of the mast.
- A topping lift diameter 16, on ascender.
- A diameter 12 mainsail halyard sheaved with blocker
- A diameter 12 genoa halyard with jammer.
- A spinnaker or Gennaker halyard, diameter 12 with blocker.
-Two flag halyards.
-Lazy Jacks halyards.
Mast has small scratches from reefing lines visible aloft. Cosmetic only. Normal wear and tear.
Anodized aluminum boom equipped with:
- Mainsail hoist pulley
- Three reef lines with saddles.
- Lazy jack turning cleats
Deck running rigging:
-Mainsail sheets and 3 reefing lines
- Two genoa sheets.
- A genoa furling line.
- Trampoline affixed to the hull and to the beam (new 2018)
- Two front balconies with seat
- Navigation lights on forward beam and davits.
- Forward locker for storage of fenders, hawsers, 2 safety beeps
- Port forward hull anchor locker
- Six turning cleats for mooring.
-Ten deck hatches.
- Candlesticks and protection channels.
- Stainless steel cap handrails.
- Genoa furler with return blocks and jammer.
- Two ST 46 Harken genoa winches.
- A Mainsail ST 46 Harken winch.
- Two genoa sheet returns.
- Mainsheet bar with ball bearing trolley and jammers.
- Water deck fillers (at the foot of the mast).
- 4 fenders, four hawsers
- LED lighting by four ceiling lights.
- Polyester table with a flap and central storage.
- Drain grating.
- Three cockpit lockers with closure including one for gas.
- Three lockers under seat
- Davits with straight stainless steel tubes, hoists and jammers.
- Exterior upholstery redone in February 2022 (all ropes as it’s own bag)
-Cockpit enclosure weather proof on the side, and sun proof at the back. Good condition.
- Stainless steel helm seats with leatherette seats and backs
- Teak courtesy coxswain seats.
- Electronic console on stainless steel tube to port.
- Glass holders and empty pockets.
- Two wheel bars Ø800 with cover protection
- Controls and engine panels on the port side.
- Two navigation compasses.
- Two crank cases and two cranks.
- Two manual bilge pumps.
- Screen repetition of intruments / AIS and pilot command & Chart plotter
- Set of pushpits with mast support.
- Two turning cleats for the tender.
- Two stainless steel handrails.
- Starboard deck shower.
- Swimming ladder on starboard skirt.
- Fuel fillers.
- Locations under skirt steps: life raft
FULL FRENCH DESCRIPTION AVILABLE ON REQUEST
Disclaimer: The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
We are passionate about the sea. Our business exists, simply to share this passion with you
2023 Copyright Cruising Yachts Collective.
Powered by Boat Deck